Thursday 4 January 2018

Review on LELE 78054 MODOK

This year, I got quite a few major LELE products, (LELE 78087 Magneto vs. Sentinel and LELE 79297 Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice – Clash of the Heroes), of which I’m quite satisfied. Hence, I’ve decided to review LELE 78054 MODOK, which I got close to three years ago. This is one of my all-time-favourite Lego figures. For LELE, this beats all the other minifigures that I have in terms of quality and printing. Thankfully, LELE is getting better every year, but of course, not as good as SHENG YUAN and/or DECOOL

Despite the really, really good qualities of SHENG YUAN and DECOOL, LELE makes some sets that aren't made by either SHENG YUAN or DECOOL, for instance LELE 79297 Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice – Clash of the Heroes, LELE 79127 Ant-Man Final Battle, LELE 79083 Avengers Hydra Showdown, and obviously, LELE 34000 S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier





You might say that SHENG YUAN did make the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, only it wasn’t exactly THE S.H.I.E.L.D. HELICARRIER, but the (sorry for saying this) ‘Captain China’ version, which is an expansion of the LEGO® 76042 Marvel Super Heroes – The S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier, and from what I’ve heard, SHENG YUAN’s version doesn’t include the ‘crazy-gear control’ for the propellers of the Helicarrier. I’m not doubting the quality it, but it’s just isn’t THE S.H.I.E.L.D HELICARRIER. You get my point (I hope :p). 

Ok. Done with my “defense” on LELE, on with the review. 

• Box (front). 


• Box (back). 


• Box (right). Notice that it’s written there “THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH ME, THE HAPPIER I’LL BE!” It’s so awkward and weird right? 


• Box (left). 


• MODOK with ‘flying chair’ (front). 


• MODOK with ‘flying chair’ (right). 


• MODOK with ‘flying chair’ (back). 


• MODOK with ‘flying chair’ (left). 


• MODOK (front). 


• MODOK (right). 


• MODOK (back). 


• MODOK (left). 


• Closer look on the printing of MODOK’s face. Really, really good printing. 


• The BIG head and the minifigure. 


• Closer look on the BIG head. 


• Closer look on the ‘flying chair’. Notice that I've replace the transparent 'circle-flat-piece' with the 'triangle-flat-piece' at the handle (refer to the building instructions below).  


• Building instructions (front). 


• Building instructions (back).


All in all, as I’ve stated, this is one of my all-time-favourite Lego figures. 

Stay tune for more reviews.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment